It’s wintertime and here comes the fine weather perfect for alfresco dining. There’s nothing quite like curling up on a blanket under the sun, or even stars, then nibbling your way through a hamper of tasty treats. We love being outside, and we love alfresco dining, so here’s our guide to hosting the perfect garden picnic.
Set the scene
Grab your blankets, as many as you need, then lay them down on your lawn, park or field in a desired place. Bring some cushions to pop behind your head when relaxing on the blankets. If it’s a hot and sunny day, you may want to choose somewhere shady to keep yourself a bit cooler during the hotter hours of the day.
Prepare the nibbles you want to take. This could be a fine selection of cheeses and crusty bread or dips and crisps. Pack all your goodies tight into a cool box to keep them fresh and tasty all day long.
Chill ‘n’ grill
If you have a two-piece clay chimenea with a cooking grill, why not take some food to grill? Perfect for those garden picnics. However, if you’re planning a trip further afield, Our Camping BBQ Grills is portable and comes with carry bags.
Take your tunes
Taking some music along is always a nice addition to any outdoor occasion so be sure to pack your portable speakers. Don’t have any? Make a homemade speaker! If you have music on a smartphone, you can place your phone into a pint glass that will amplify the tunes!
Fire a Frisbee
Bringing a ball or a Frisbee gives you the option to have a little run around. It will break up the day and help you burn off your picnic grazing!
Make your on-the-go adventure complete with the versatile and portable Explorer firepit with barbecue grill. At any festival, picnic or outdoors holiday, the Explorer Firepit will come in very handy, a brilliant way to keep warm and no doubt attract new friends.
Have a look at our tops picks for you:
La Hacienda 58106 Camping Firebowl with Grill - Black
Lightweight and easy to transport due to foldable legs, a durable matt black powder coating covers each surface, and it can be fuelled by either logs that you find nearby or charcoal.
- Durable steel construction
- High temperature black paint finish
- Black steel protective mesh lid
- Black steel log grate and safety tool
- Foldable legs
- Suitable for wood and charcoal
Gravity 560 Digital Charcoal Grill Smoker
With the Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker by Masterbuilt, you can smoke, grill, sear, bake, roast and so much more. Set the temperature on the digital control panel or your smart device and the DigitalFan maintains the desired cooking temperature. The GravityFed charcoal hopper holds over 12 hours of charcoal and gravity ensures you have constant fuel to the fire. The reversible cast-iron grates are perfect for smoking or searing and in just 13 minutes this grill can reach 700F. Master the art of charcoal grilling and smoking with Masterbuilt.
- Bake, roast, smoke, grill, sear at your next BBQ party with this grill & smoker
- Includes reversible smoke + sear cast-iron grates for low and slow smoking or high heat searing
- Get desired cooking temperature with just push of a button as air flows from the hopper to the cooking chamber thanks to its digitally controlled fan
- You no longer need to remove charcoal its GravityFed™ Hopper holds 12+ hours of fuel using lump or briquette charcoal
- You get 107°C in 7 minutes or 370°C in 13 minutes
- For perfect results every time it features a built-in temperature gauge and meat probe thermometer
- Has a total 3,600 square cm of cooking space with two warming/smoking racks
- Temperature and cook time can be controlled via the digital control panel or through smart device control using WiFi or Bluetooth
- Comes with 4 wheels for easy mobility & transport